Tuesday, February 24, 2009

¡Hola Barcelona!




Sagrada Familia, turret studies, 20.2.09


Barcelona from Sagrada Familia, pen and ink, 20.2.09




Jihane Sleeping, pen and ink, 20.2.09


Barcelona hilltop, pencil and watercolor sketch, 21.2.09




Parc Guell, watercolor study of Gaudi columns, 21.2.09


Girona Airport, watercolor study #1, 22.2.09


Girona Airport, watercolor study#2, 22.2.09


Girona Airport, watercolor study #3, 22.2.09



19th - 22nd febbraio, 2009

This weekend was my first excursion into that big part of Europe that isn't actually Italy.  On Thursday evening I set off for Barcelona.  (How do you type a lisp? The Spanish call it "Barsthelona", which is much more fun to say) There, I met up with my good friend Jihane, and her friend Andrea.  We spent Friday visiting a cathedral, Gaudi's Sagrada Familia, the Arc di Triomf, the Gothic District and the Picasso Museum.  On Saturday, I made a trip up to Parc Guell, Gaudi's park, as well as his home. On Saturday evening, I stopped into another cathedral, and went out for Jihane's birthday, as well as Carnivale. Sunday morning I headed back; home sweet Rome.  Due to a series of less-than-fortunate events, I missed my flight.  (If RyanAir is in charge on Judgement Day, you are all going to hell, they are merciless) It ended up being a productive time in the airport, doing watercolor sketches and some writing. Here is a collection of some of the stuff I got down on paper this weekend...

No comments:

Post a Comment